Sunday, October 6, 2013

Bedtime Story LO - The Scrapbook Store


This month for The Scrapbook Store, I am working with the gorgeous Graphic 45, Mother Goose paper collection, and elements.  The paper collection is seriously gorgeous, with not only brighter colours, but also the more muted too - not to forget the most magical nursery rhyme images.  

I used the Ring Around the Rosies paper, and done some major fussy cutting of various flowers and leaves.  Flowers were created using the Die Cut Flowers - they are simple to construct and always look pretty, especially when teamed with layered fussy cut elements.  Yellow adhesive pearls were added to some of the flower centre's to highlight.

I doodled some stitching, really wanted to be more creative in the doodling side, but each time I attempt a doodle, I detest what I have done and have to cover it. Several LO's have ended up in the bin because of my doodling attempts.
 The photograph is of me as a child, and the journaling side of this layout is on my favourite story book - written on back of layout.  From a very  young age, my Mother used to read my favourite book to me each night (and often through the day too) - actually I am sure I pestered her to read it constantly.  I was mesmerised with it.  It is called "Pookie Puts The World Right", and it is a beautiful story, and I adored the little creature Pookie.  I still do.  There is a series of Pookie stories, and I am collecting them for Jesse.

Thanks for calling by for a visit...
Sandie
 
Materials:
- 8 X 8 Paper Pad



23 comments:

Sandra said...

Lovely to see you on a page, those flowers are gorgeous and I love the way you've clustered them. I haven't heard of the book but I'm going to google it.

Cathy McGrath said...

I really like this paper range...childrens books are a passion of mine (one of many). Such a vibrant page full of gorgeousness!

Cindy Gay said...

Love the color and elements and that picture of little you!

ALINE said...

So beautiful page! I loved this color!

The Unique Diva Project said...

As always absolutely beautiful. I love seeing the absolutely :) stunning work you create.
Trace

The Unique Diva Project said...

Absolutely stunning as always
Your work never ceases to absolutely amaze me. Do you have pets? :D)
Hugs
Trace

Dianne H said...

Super page and love the bright cherry colours.

Sue said...

WOW! This is like a wonderful burst of sunshine! I love the colours, gorgeous flowers and fabulous layout. The photo of you is beautiful too and the wording is lovely.
I hope you are having a good weekend
Sue xx

Lizzy Hill said...

These papers are STUNNING....magical how you've used them...that fussy cutting was sooo worth it - the flowers etc look stunning......AND I am SOOO with you re: doodling...I do the same thing!!!!!

Ella Swan said...

WOW that sure is colourful & fantastic work with all the fussy-cutting!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful and colorful page you have made.
byebye.lean

Paula Calvanico said...

Oh my gosh, I love this!! The colors in Mother Goose are gorgeous :) So cheery and bright. Great job,

Paula

Christina C. said...

Hahahahaha....that expression on your face is priceless!!!! Awesome papers, colors and matching flowers!
Loved the story about Pookie...new to me! We could use more of those books.....the world is a mess!!

Heather Jacob said...

sensational Sandie, love all the colors, beautiful work x

Lizzyc said...

the colors in these papers are stunning, and your layout looks wonderful.. love the flowers and fabulous fussy cutting too!

Unknown said...

Oh my stars what a fabulous page. I just love the wonderful paper you used. Such bright and happy colors.

Happy Monday my friend.

Hugs~

juscrap said...

Stunning and colorful page you have made.xoxo

Unknown said...

Wow, bright colours & beautiful details

hugs carla

yyam said...

OOoooh...this is soooooo pretty! I just love all the bright and happy blooms!

Marelize said...

What a gorgeous photo of you as a little girl Sandie! I adore your layout and the story behind it. Such a beautiful memory to record. :)

sandi said...

This is so pretty, so colorful and upbeat! Love it!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Awww..you were such a cute little girl. Your page is so bright and happy. Awesome fussy cutting.

Denise van Deventer said...

This is just soooo amazing Sandie! The vivid colours...those beautiful flowers and the sweet photo....it's just perfect! Wow..a stunner!